Thursday, November 29, 2012

Volunteers wanted!

I'm toying with the idea of distributing a (as yet unfinished and undecided) book as a serialized podcast. But to do that, I'm in need of a few volunteers for the following tasks/positions:
- Voice actors (at least 1 female & 2 males)
- (Graphic) Artist, preferably capable of creating fairly realistic people, or a photographer (with some models they've previously worked with, preferably).
- Sound engineer (may or may not be needed for splicing segments or fixing audio quality).

Interested, or know anyone who might be and fits the bill? Here's the caveats:
- It's my project, I'm in charge, I have the final say, etc. And admittedly, I can be picky/finicky (though not opposed to fact-based discussions on why I'm wrong).
- I can spare very little $ for a budget - preferably, nothing.
- It's ALL volunteer work - that means you won't be paid. That being said, if the project/book happens to explode in popularity and actually makes money, I'm more than willing to share spoils with the people who helped me.
- I haven't finished the book yet. I have a good deal done, but it's hard to say how long it will be until actual completion. In addition, I have the book in mind currently, but it's possible I may decide to use another if I happen to decide I'm closer to finishing it.
- I'm doing this all out of my house - no studio or anything.
- I use a Mac, I do like my Apple products, and I do plan on putting it on iTunes. Unless you can give me extremely compelling reasons against any of this ("Apple's evil" doesn't cut it; they all are in their own way), it's not changing. But, I also plan to release it in other formats, too, so you'll need to be platform-independent (or something).
- Just because I'm doing this cheap doesn't mean I don't want quality. If you only plan to do a half-assed job, please don't waste my (and everyone else's) time.
- This will be an "adult" book: possibility exists for various amounts of swearing, drinking, smoking, violence (including graphic), drugs, sex (though nothing hard-core), etc. Basically, along the lines of an R-rated movie.

Still in? Sweet!! Send me an e-mail at stories@glitterfiend.net. Please include your name, preferred contact info, and (if possible) samples of previous work. Before you commit, I'm happy to give you parts of the book to read, answer questions I didn't cover, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment